If you live or work in Japan, you may sit in a car together. What do Japanese drivers expect from their passengers when they are in the same car? If your Japanese colleague is driving a car, he or she will be pleased if you do the following!
What do car drivers want their passengers to do in Japan?
- Give them a drink or food
- Make good conversation with them
- Be concerned to keep them alert and attentive to road conditions
- Assist with directions
- Take over the wheel when necessary
- Not sleep
- Let them listen to their favorite music or the radio
- Clean up inside the car
- Clean up the garbage after a day-trip
Source: MACROMILL, INC. conducted in 2018 among 1,000 business people